Monday, March 09, 2009

March First Wednesday

Last Wednesday was First Wednesday, which means an amazing time of worship at GCC. This month's focus was on spreading God's love around the globe. It was a little different that most First Wednesdays but it lands on the charts as one of my favorites!

I've never met anyone as passionate about missions as Rob Wegner. He shared about the heart of God and how fast it beats for His people. At the end of the service he shared about the number of unreached people group who still have yet to hear the name of Christ. Everyone was given the name of a people group and the country in which they live and was asked to keep that people group in your prayers. I was very excited to find my card had the Azerbaijani nation in the northern part of Moldova. My little sister, Lois, went to Moldova on a mission trip when she was in college.

If you want to learn more about unreached people groups visit the Joshua Project website.

No comments:

Post a Comment