Saturday, February 16, 2008

Learning from Teaching...

I think every teacher would agree you learn just as much as you teach...if not more. This year I've learned a lot about myself and leading a team. I didn't realize this until a few weeks ago when I started to list the things I've learned. Like always, it has taken me a little while to articulate it. But here is a start.

1. I use the phrase "I don't mess around" too much.
2. Mercy is still towards the bottom of my spiritual gifts list.
3. I don't handle disrespect or bad choices very well.
4. I can only function in environments where I feel like my gifts are being used in effective ways. I shut off in other environments.
5. I am better at seeing a vision than I once thought, but my strength is still developing the steps to get to that vision.
6. I hate talking about change. I would rather make the change happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment