Friday, February 08, 2008

Only in my class...

There are all sort of interesting things that happen in my classroom. Sometimes there are funny. Sometimes weird. Sometimes just plain crazy. Today there seemed to be lots of them but I can only remember a few.

Student: Miss Koutz isn’t today Good Friday.
Miss Koutz: No. Wednesday was Ash Wednesday, which is 40 days before then.
Student: Oh. Really? I thought today was Good Friday.
Miss Koutz: Nope. Sorry.
Student: Hmm. Okay because I was going to say Jesus died today but I guess not.

I asked one of my 6th grade students from last semester to help with me demonstrate during our recruiting assembly this afternoon. We started with a piece our class wrote for buckets. The plan was I would start and she would join me after a few bars. I introduce the piece and she starts clicking off. I join keeping the same beat but she discovered it was too fast. She stops, shakes her head and says, “No. No. You are playing way too fast. We gotta slow down. That is crazy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment