Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Try to imagine this...

I know I teach some hard students and other students who have tough lives. It is evident every time I walk in my classroom. But every once in a while there are times it hits a little harder. I had an interesting conversation this morning with a student who has been getting into a lot of trouble the last few weeks. We decided the students lack of sleep was part of the problem. How would you feel if this is what you did all week?

-Get up early enough to catch the bus in from the projects
-School all day
-Go stay with your mom at her work
-Go home to do school work and help take care of your two week old cousin
-Head to bed
-Wake up at 11:30 at night to go with your dad to take mom to work
-Come home and try to go back to sleep while the baby is screaming
-Next morning get up and do it again

No comments:

Post a Comment