Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reflections from the Classroom

I'm pretty frustrated with how this week went. I feel like we wasted a lot of time. My pace was slower this week and we didn't cover as much as we should have. In fact I feel like I just wasted an entire week worth of rehearsals. On a better note, my advance classes have started to focus a little more. That is, those students who have actually come prepared.

I have a handful of 8th grade students that are really starting to share my vision for the year. They are in the class I thought would be the least receptive. They are incredible musicians and I hope they will encourage their classmates to move forward.

After this next week the school schedule gets a little busier. More after school rehearsals and Jazz band begins. I have a lot of work to do before then. My students are anxious for it so it should be worth it.

Tomorrow is a teacher record day. That makes me happy. I need some time to catch up on paperwork and clean my office. My desk is a disaster! The best part is that I get to sleep in an extra 30 minutes!

Not the greatest post but it is where we are at this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment