Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Creative God

This morning I started a list of places I've seen the creativity of God since yesterday afternoon. I thought I would share them with you as well.
  1. Bugs - Brooke and I had our workout party outside in the beautiful sunshine. As we were stretching I found this very cool bug. I have no clue what it was but it was very interesting. He had a very unique walk.
  2. Spiders - I was getting ready to head to bed for the night and noticed a brown spot in the middle of the living room floor. I walked over to see what it was and found a fairly big spider. He was beautiful, with several shades of browns and an amazing design on his back. I stared at him for a long time before I had to say good bye to him.
  3. Sky - The sky was perfect on my way to work this morning. There were some clouds but the colors melded together so smoothly. Clean clear blues, purples, and pinks. Breath-taking!
  4. Math - This might seem a little out of place in this list but hear me out. Our students took their math ISTEPs today and I was reminded of how much I love and miss studying math. I think about how the Finonacci sequence is found in shells, flowers, fruit and various other places in nature and immediately my mind screams, "WOW! Look at how clever God is!" The laws and formulas man has discovered reveals one creative God.
  5. Colors - I was making a card for my friend's birthday and found myself overwhelmed as I looked at different color of crayons. There are alway so many to chose from and it was only a small box. I had a similiar moment in class when I looked around at the class I was covering and say almost every color of skin. It was such a beautiful picture of what an amazing artist God is.
  6. People - I could write about this one for a long time. People are so different in so many ways. I sat at dinner tonight with some friends and soaked in how crazy and weird each of us is in our own way. When you put that all together it brings a lot of fun. I believe it also helps us get a better picture of who God is. We each reflect his image in specific ways he has designed us too. What if everyone was just like me? How messed up would our world be then? Okay don't answer that, but you know what I mean?
I am so thankful our God is a God of creativity!!!! How have you seen the creativity of God this week? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment