Monday, September 22, 2008

Girls Night Out

Brooke and I had scheduled a simple shopping trip for this afternoon, which turned into a full blown girls night out. Now I'm not the "typical" girl who loves to sit around and talk about boys, clothes, hair, blah, blah, blah. In fact I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to all of that. Brooke is my personal adviser in all of those areas and she came through strong tonight.

We started the evening by eating lots of amazing Hacienda food and just talking with Brooke's roommate and two other Bethel girls. Then it was off to the mall to shop. After we walked the entire mall and found nothing of great value, we said in the parking lot and shared what God is doing in our lives. It was so great to just hang out and have fun...on a school night!

I'm afraid I may be hopeless cause. What do you think?


The following did not all happen in the same store.
Sarah
: Brooke, what do you think about this purple shirt?
Brooke: NO! Walk away.
Sarah: Ooo...I like this jacket.
Brooke: My grandpa left me his in his will.
Sarah: Check out this cool hat.
Brooke: My grandpa left me one his down by the fishing hole.
Sarah: What about this sweater? I really like it.
Brooke: Um...no. Put it back.
Sarah: How about this sweater? (almost the same one as before)
Brooke: Shut up!


Brooke: We'll try Gap but they are going back to all their old boring colors.
Sarah: Oh you mean the ones I like to wear.
Brooke: Yes


Sarah: Why can't I just wear jeans and a t-shirt?
Brooke: Because you have to look cute.
Sarah: Are you saying jeans and a t-shirt aren't cute?
Brooke: Not your boring t-shirts.
Sarah: So I can wear jeans and a t-shirt...just a cute t-shirt?
Brooke: (insert death look and rolling of eyes here)


Brooke: Look at these shorts. Aren't they so cute?
Sarah: Actually I think they are pretty ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment