- Rob used my favorite Chronicles of Narnia quote, which was a good reminder. Aslan tells Lucy, "The older you get, the bigger I become." I love that!
- The tension between God's vision and plan for our lives and where we are now is called failure. That tension cries out for release.
- When we sit in the boat we don't build authentic relationships. We compare ourselves to others who are worse than us and avoid self-examination. We get distracted by things on the boat so we don't have to be reminded we are still on the boat.
- We have to redefine failure. Failure isn't falling down it is not getting up. The greatest failure is not even trying. I need to work on my definition.
- The fear behind every fear: I can't handle it. There is nothing my Abba can't handle.
Just like I anticipated Rob referred to the book If You Want to Walk on the Water, You've Got to Get Out of the Boat by John Ortberg. I've read the book a couple times and have been challenged every time. I plan on looking over my notes from the book over the next week. May be I'll share some thoughts on them later.