Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Road Trip!!!!

The relationship between youth minister and student in a unique one. I love how that relationship changes and grows as students get older and eventually graduate high school and leave your student ministry. Sometimes you have students who you keep in close contact with. Some students graduate and become friends. I'm SOOOOOO excited I get to see her in 9 days!

Kari Kinder is one of those students from my ministry at HPCC. I remember meeting her for the first time at our youth service, Life. I watched her step up into leadership positions in the youth group. In the more recent years we've served along side each other in ministry doing several weeks of camp together. She is a great friend.

Next weekend I'm going to watch her destroy some people out on the volleyball court. She plays for Great Lakes Christian College in Lansing and I'm so excite to go hang out with her for the weekend. Last time I went to GLCC to visit her, we had a blast and this time will be no different.

I have a couple Rock Lake campers who are students there as well. Hopefully they will be available to join me in cheering for Kari. I'm also hoping to catch up with some other friends while I'm in the area as well. I've been making calls and sending e-mails getting all the plans into place.

Friends in the Lansing area, you know who you are! Call me. E-mail me. Facebook Me. Whatever it takes. Let's party!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sarah!

    Yea that was the same concert! They were great and so much fun to have. They actually led worship for our Sr. High camp all summer over at Epworth Forest.

    Thanks for saying hi! I actually found my way to your blog through DC's also, and I really have enjoyed reading about your 30 day challenge (The Shack is a GREAT book!)

    ReplyDelete