Monday, September 01, 2008

Great Road Trip

It was a short road trip but a fantastic one. There is so much I can write about so I'll do a quick bullet list to prevent this from becoming a novel.
  • Sitting in the drivers seat makes the ride a lot easier, especially when you have your iPod playing Rich Mullins
  • We spent a lot of time near the Mississippi River. There are still several places that have sandbags piled up. I knew Anna was close to the river but she was a lot closer than I thought. The road that goes by her apartment was flooded in places just a few short months ago.
  • Despite a major flood, downtown Hannibal looked great. There were no signs of having had a flood in the park by the river. I would like to go back to Hannibal when there was more time to see different things and climb Cardiff Hill.
  • Worshiping at The Crossing, where Anna and Ryan attend, was a lot of fun. It was exciting to listen to their pastor challenge their congregation with a vision that is so similar to what SMT has been challenging us with at Granger. The story of their congregation is awesome. It is evident God is doing some amazing things there.
  • My family is hilarious...crazy, but hilarious. So many funny moments this weekend. However, some of them still need to develop a love for Tyler Perry. Anna, Lois and I seem to be the only ones that understand his films.
  • Aggie and Logan thank God for me and tell him they love me every time I pray. Taylor is growing up too quickly. Gwen thinks I'm crazy. She is too smart for her own good.
  • Lois is having a baby...this can't be happening. She is so young, at least in my mind. She is a very cute pregnant women. Anna has gotten better at Apples to Apples, since she bought the game. Great, another game she can demolish me in!
  • Saying goodbye was harder than it has ever been before. There were tears.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the trip went so well! See? It all worked out!

    ReplyDelete