Sunday, September 07, 2008

Incredible Day

I can't begin to explain to you how incredible today was. I wish it wasn't so late so I could tell you all about it. Here are some highlights from the weekend.
  • Baptism Celebration 08 - Hundreds made the decision to accept Christ this weekend. Six Chicag08 students were baptized. Two of my 6th grade band students were baptized. My little friends Maddie, Anna and Sophie were also baptized each by their daddies. Very cool!
  • Special Friends - Dominic and I had a blast again this weekend. There was lots of singing this week. I had the opportunity to introduce his parents to my friend Jeff who has grown up with Autism and done amazing things in his life. He shared he story with them and gave them the chance to ask any questions they had. It was an awesome interaction to watch. Very powerful conversation.
  • GSM ROCKS!!!! John and Ted taught about the time we spend learning in and out of school. These guys did great. I would have talked forever! The band is doing well for week two. There were some "interesting" moments tonight. One of which was all me. I'll take full responsibility for not knowing the chart well enough to play it in the dark. It was ugly.
  • Friends! Great time hanging out with friends this weekend. Whether it was planned ahead of time or random interactions at church I did a lot of laughing. I love laughing!!!
Good times. Great fun. God is doing HUGE things and I'm thankful to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment