Saturday, September 06, 2008

Day of Celebration

I can't tell you how excited I was to sleep in today. Then I woke up at 6:30 wide awake. That was annoying. I spent most of the day getting things done around the apartment. I enjoy being productive but the rest of the evening was all about friends.

My friend, Jenni Button, came into town to hang out. We grabbed dinner at the amazing Hacienda and worshiped Jesus at GCC. It was great to catch up with her and hear about what God is doing in her church and ministry.

This weekend was our baptism celebration. It was a great evening. We had several students commit their lives to Christ and get baptized. Six students from our Chicag08 team were baptized after service. It was so much fun. I am so proud of each of them. I watched them love the people they met in Chicago and serve with enthusiasm. I can only imagine the impact these students will have as they continue to grow in their relationship with Christ.

After the baptisms a group of us headed to Villa Macri's to celebrate. It was so much fun to just hang out with good friends and even meet some new people. Lots of laughs and hilarious moments. Of course when you have people like Huffy, Jeffrey, Spencer and Jordan around you are guaranteed a good laugh.

Now off to read my chapter for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment