Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 11 of 30

I went back to reading The Shack again today and read chapter 9 - A Long Time Ago, In a Garden Far, Far Away. I loved this chapter. Possibly my favorite so far. I love gardens and wish I could see the garden described in the chapter. It sounded amazing.

Freedom involves trust and obedience inside a relationship of love. (page 132)

Humans have a great capacity for declaring something good or evil, without truly knowing. (page 133)

The choice to eat of that tree tore the universe apart divorcing the spiritual from the physical. (page 135)

You must give up your right to decide what is good and evil on your own terms. That is hard pill to swallow; choosing to only love in me. To do that you must know me enough to trust me and learn to rest in my inherent goodness. (page 136)

No comments:

Post a Comment