Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 12 of 30

I quickly worked my way through chapter 10 of The Shack after work today. It was a shorter chapter but it makes you think. The thing I love about it is the numerous subjects addressed in the short few pages. Subjects such as...
  • Trust - If Jesus told you to walk on water, would you do it?
  • Imagination - Sometimes my mind and my imagination starts to wander off without me even realizing it. I can't say I've ever thought about God's view of our imagination.
  • Relationships - Love. Submission. Freedom. His intentions are greater than what we have settled for.
  • Submission - What did God intend for submission to look like?
  • Freedom - True freedom is found in the surrender of independence
Being my follower is not trying to "be like Jesus," it means for your independence to be killed. I came to give you life, real life, my life. We will come and life our live inside of you, so that you begin to see with our eyes, and hear with our ears, and touch with our hands and think like we do. But we will never force that union on you. If you want to do your thing, have at it. Time is on our side. (page 149)

1 comment: