Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Day 2 of 30

I've been reading The Shack by William P. Young. I'm not a huge fiction reader. I may read one fiction book every two years. I make like details in real life but the amount of time a good author takes to describe scenery, environment or mood is too much for me. Just give me the facts.

However, this book came highly recommended by several people. A few of them said it has challenged them more than most other books have. So I figured I would give it a chance. I read chapter three and part of four today. I don't have any profound thoughts so I thought I would share some quotes from the forward that I love.

I suppose that since most of our hurts come through relationships so will our healing, and I know that grace rarely makes sense for those looking in from the outside. (page 11)

Of course, God might be there even if you don't believe in Him. That would be just like Him. He hasn't been called the Grand Interferer for nothing. (page 12)

I'm actually going to go finish chapter four right now. That right there should tell you something about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment