Saturday, August 23, 2008

Peculiar Day

Peculiar is the only way I can think of to describe today and it started early this morning. I woke up three times last night; each time with someone different on my heart. I learned a long time ago the best thing do to when that happens is pray until I get that sense of peace that you know only comes from God. But today I can't seem to get them off my mind, so I just keep praying for them.

When I finally woke up for good I knew God was up to something. There was this uneasy feeling in my spirit. I set aside the day to spend with God and wrestled to put words and thoughts with this tug I keep feeling. Still not having anyway to articulate this strange thing, I headed out to church.

Rob did an incredible job tonight and I will probably do a post about it tomorrow. It was an incredible time of worship. I love my church! I entered service praying God would help me wrap my mind around whatever it is he is doing in my heart. The end of service came and I just felt God saying, "Sarah, it isn't time for you to know yet. Be patient. Keep following me."

I don't always like the wait answer. It is just like God to start stirring in my heart until the time is right. He knows me so well. He knows I need lots of time to prepare for big things. He knows I don't like surprises very well. I think he might have forgotten that I don't like uncertainty and how anxious it makes me. Whatever God is about to do is great. It always is!

Father, teach me to rest in your love and peace, to lean in and trust your leading. Teach me to be patient and wait for you. Your timing is perfect. Your ways are perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment