Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Reading List

While I was hanging out with Brooke and DC the other night, DC asked me what I was reading right now. It was at that moment that I never even started my summer reading list and school was starting a few days later. Oops!

Reading a book for me takes a lot of time. I'm not one of those people who can sit and read a book in a couple days. I'm a slower reader and I spend a lot of time re-reading as I think and process the content. So here is a list of books I plan reading this semester. It isn't my favorite reading list I've ever had but it will do for now.

Almost finished...
  1. The Worn Out Woman (Dr. Steve Stephens and Alice Gray) Not for everyone but was perfect for where I was when I started reading it last spring.
In process/Starting soon...
  1. Simply Christian (N. T. Wright) - I've read bits and pieces but am going to try and read it cover to cover. I'm a huge N. T. Wright fan!
  2. We Can't Teach What We Don't Know (Gary R. Howard) - All the new teachers were given this book last year. I didn't read it then but might now.
  3. John For Everyone (Tom Wright) - I'm reading this as I read through the book of John.
Re-reading...
  1. First Lessons for Instrumentalists (Various Artists) - This is actually a collection of articles about the very first lesson on each instrument. Since it has been awhile since I've taught beginning band, I'm going to make sure I remember everything clearing.

What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment