Reading a book for me takes a lot of time. I'm not one of those people who can sit and read a book in a couple days. I'm a slower reader and I spend a lot of time re-reading as I think and process the content. So here is a list of books I plan reading this semester. It isn't my favorite reading list I've ever had but it will do for now.
- The Worn Out Woman (Dr. Steve Stephens and Alice Gray) Not for everyone but was perfect for where I was when I started reading it last spring.
- Simply Christian (N. T. Wright) - I've read bits and pieces but am going to try and read it cover to cover. I'm a huge N. T. Wright fan!
- We Can't Teach What We Don't Know (Gary R. Howard) - All the new teachers were given this book last year. I didn't read it then but might now.
- John For Everyone (Tom Wright) - I'm reading this as I read through the book of John.
- First Lessons for Instrumentalists (Various Artists) - This is actually a collection of articles about the very first lesson on each instrument. Since it has been awhile since I've taught beginning band, I'm going to make sure I remember everything clearing.
What are you reading?